Jubilee weekend is nearly here and Morpeth is full of jubilee joy over this coming week Whether you’re in town for some afternoon tea or to experience some live music and entertainment, Morpeth is the place to be.
Kicking off on Friday 3rd June, Morpeth Market Place will be showcasing music throughout the ages from classic 1950s hits to noughties party tunes, all to commemorate the Queen’s record-breaking reign. There will also be food and drink available as well as children’s entertainment. Enjoy the festivities from 11am to 4pm on Morpeth Market Place.
On Saturday 4th June, the festivities continue with a Jubilee Themed Farmers Market, serving amazing local treats from popular traders. There will also be more children’s entertainment and live music to top off the day. Head to Morpeth Market Place from 9am – 3pm.
Throughout the full week, make sure to do a full trip around the town to spot all of the fantastic local businesses who will be showcasing their own Jubilee-themed window displays.
On top of this Sanderson Arcade will be showcasing its incredible patchwork display in its gallery, made up from hundreds of patches all designed by Morpeth schoolchildren to represent the Jubilee celebrations.
If you’re looking for a delicious British afternoon tea to celebrate, many of the cafes within the town are going all out to celebrate the Jubilee.
Here’s a few of our favourites:
- Head to Cafe Des Amis for some tasty scones, sandwiches, tea and much more for only £16
- Visit Micah’s Tearoom in Oldgate where you’ll find a specially created Jubilee menu that includes Patriotic Pancakes and a Patriotic Milkshake!
- The Morpeth Larder in Sanderson Arcade also has a whole Jubilee range in store including special jams, curds and chutneys that will be the perfect pairing for any homemade Afternoon teas. In addition to this, you can also book in for their well-loved afternoon teas within their cafe area.
- The Chantry Tearooms are holding a Jubilee afternoon tea on Saturday 4th June, serving mini Eton Mess, homemade scones and sandwiches and more with the option to add prosecco for £37
- Novo are having Platinum Jubilee Themed Brunch and with some royal inspired cocktails.
If you’re looking for some shopping over the weekend or looking to get prepared for the celebrations, make sure not to miss the following stores:
- The Chocolate Gallery will be celebrating with handcrafted Jubilee-inspired chocolate, from crowns to mini Queen’s guards, find them in Oldgate.
- If you want to add a royal touch to your home, head to Kelly Robson Interiors the store is stocking artistic portraits of the Queen with a graffiti twist. (Bridge Street)
- Or, if you’re looking for the perfect party outfit, why not head to Marlow the Label Sandersons Boutique, Mint Velvet or Rutherford & Co.
If you’ve got an event or something happening within your business to celebrate the Jubilee, drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org who’ll add it to our blog.
Whatever your plans are, we hope you have an amazing Jubilee Weekend!